Car Accident News in Miami
Car Catches Fire in Airport Garage
In a troubling incident at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s Cypress Garage, a rollover crash left one person injured and caused a dangerous gasoline spill. Emergency responders from Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue quickly arrived at the scene after receiving reports of the crash on the third level of the parking structure around 9 a.m.
According to investigators, the driver responsible for the crash collided with another vehicle, leading to her car flipping over. The severity of the impact resulted in the driver sustaining serious injuries, requiring immediate transportation to Broward Health Medical Center for medical attention.
In addition to attending to the injured driver, BSFR units also prioritized the containment and clearance of the gasoline spill resulting from the crash. Gasoline spills present serious dangers due to their flammability and potential to cause environmental harm. Responders worked diligently to ensure the safety of all airport visitors and personnel, preventing any further accidents or hazards.
While FLL officials reported that the incident had been contained to a relatively small area and didn’t disrupt operations within the garage, such accidents serve as a stark reminder of the potential dangers that motorists face in parking structures and congested areas. Gasoline spills, in particular, require immediate attention and expertise to mitigate the risks they pose.
Given the complexity of car accidents and the potential for serious injuries and property damage, victims and their families may find it beneficial to seek legal advice from professionals experienced in handling such cases. Miami car accident lawyers, like those at the Perazzo Law Firm, possess the knowledge and expertise to guide individuals through the legal process, ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses.
As we navigate busy parking garages and congested areas, it’s essential to exercise caution, follow traffic rules, and remain alert to potential hazards. Taking proactive safety measures can significantly reduce the likelihood of accidents and injuries in such locations.
STOLEN VEHICLE INVOLVED IN ACCIDENT
Miami police are on the lookout for a man and a woman who were involved in an armed robbery and a subsequent car crash in the Allapattah neighborhood. The incident was captured on cellphone video on Saturday and showed huge flames at Northwest 32nd Avenue and 14th Street. According to authorities, the car that the suspects were driving had been used in the robbery earlier that day. The woman driving the car crashed into an innocent person’s vehicle after driving recklessly, but fortunately, no one was seriously injured. However, the suspects fled the scene, and police say the man is armed with a firearm. If you have any information regarding the incident or the whereabouts of the suspects, you are urged to contact Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers anonymously, and you may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000.
What happens if my car is stolen and involved in an accident?
If your car or truck is stolen, the Perazzo Law Firm suggests contacting your insurance provider, but no before you talk to a personal injury lawyer. Click HERE to find out about what happens after your vehicle causes an accident or crashes into another vehicle.
- What happens if your vehicle is stolen and the culprit crashes into another vehicle, an object, or runs over a pedestrian?
- Who covers the damages to your vehicle if it is stolen and crashed.
- Will my insurance policy cover damages or injuries to others?
- What kind of insurance coverage protects me if my car is stolen and damaged?
- When is my vehicle not covered if it is stolen?
In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm’s staff of car accident and insurance claims lawyers understand these to be common questions and concerns when a vehicle is stolen and accidents that lead to damages occur. So, in order to help stolen car vehicle owners understand what happens in the above mentioned car robbery situations, and how they are covered, or not, Jonathan Perazzo, personal injury attorney and founder at the Perazzo Law Firm, sheds light on this matter.
CAR PLUNGES INTO LAKE
In Lauderdale Lakes, a woman was saved after her vehicle crashed into a canal on Sunday morning. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue units rushed to the scene of the incident at Northwest 36th Street and 45th Avenue. According to investigators, the woman crashed through a gate in the neighborhood and ended up in the canal. Video footage showed the victim’s vehicle fully submerged in the water, but rescue divers were able to retrieve the driver from the canal. The cause of the crash is currently being investigated.
(News source: 7 News Miami)
Submerged Vehicle Damages
When a car is submerged underwater, it can cause significant damages and result in high costs for the owner. These damages can vary depending on the extent of the submersion and the time that the car spent underwater.
One of the most common damages resulting from a car being submerged in water is engine damage. When a car is submerged, water can enter the engine and cause it to hydrolock, which means the engine won’t be able to turn over. Additionally, water can damage the electrical system, including the battery and starter, which can lead to costly repairs.
Furthermore, the water can cause significant damage to the car’s interior, including the seats, carpets, and electrical components. If the water is not removed from the car’s interior immediately, it can lead to mold and mildew growth, which can cause health hazards to the driver and passengers.
Costs resulting from a vehicle being submerged in water can also include towing and salvage expenses, as the car will need to be towed out of the water and may require further repairs or disposal.
To prevent damages and costs from a submerged car, it is crucial to take immediate action after the incident. Contacting a professional tow service and an auto mechanic can help to assess the damages and provide the necessary repairs to restore the car.
Car Catches Fire in Weston I-75
A vehicle fire has resulted in the closure of the westbound lanes of Interstate 75 near Glades Road in Weston. Emergency vehicles, including Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue units, responded to the scene on Friday afternoon. The video footage displayed a vehicle on the left shoulder completely consumed by flames. As crews work to clear the area, two right lanes of traffic were able to pass through, but delays should be anticipated.
What to do if your Vehicle Catches on Fire
If your vehicle catches on fire, it can be an incredibly frightening and dangerous situation. Knowing how to react quickly and calmly can make a crucial difference in ensuring your safety and that of others. Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to do if your vehicle is engulfed in flames:
- Stay Calm: The first and most important thing to remember is to stay calm. Panicking can cloud your judgment and hinder your ability to take appropriate actions.
- Pull Over Safely: As soon as you notice signs of a fire, try to safely pull over to the side of the road or exit the highway if possible. Use your indicators to signal other drivers, and turn off the engine immediately.
- Evacuate the Vehicle: Once the vehicle is safely stopped, evacuate all passengers from the car. Ensure that everyone moves away from the vehicle and stays a safe distance away from the flames.
- Call for Help: Dial emergency services immediately to report the fire and provide them with your location. If you have a fire extinguisher and feel confident in using it, attempt to put out the fire. However, your safety is the top priority, and you should not jeopardize it by trying to extinguish a large or spreading fire.
- Stay Away: Under no circumstances should you re-enter the burning vehicle. Cars can be highly unpredictable in such situations, and the fire could lead to explosions or the release of toxic fumes.
- Warn Others: If it is safe to do so, alert other drivers and pedestrians in the vicinity of the fire to keep them away from the potential danger.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer: After the incident, it’s essential to consult with a qualified car accident lawyer, such as the experts at the Perazzo Law Firm. They can offer legal guidance and support if the fire was caused by a defective vehicle part, poor maintenance, or the negligence of another driver. They will work to protect your rights and seek compensation for any injuries, property damage, or losses resulting from the fire accident.
Vehicle fires can be devastating, but knowing how to respond can save lives. Being prepared, staying calm, and seeking legal assistance if needed will help you navigate the aftermath of such a traumatic event. Remember, safety should always be the priority in any emergency situation.
Keywords: Miami Car Accident Lawyer, Hialeah Car Accident Lawyer, Aventura Car Accident Lawyer, Doral Car Accident Lawyer, Kendall Car Accident Lawyer, North Miami Car Accident Lawyer, North Miami Beach Car Accident Lawyer, Sunny Isles Car Accident Lawyer.