Rollover Accidents and Head-On Collisions on Highways – Miami Accident Lawyer
The Car Accident Lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm Explain:
Rollover accidents on highways can be very dangerous and often result in serious injuries or fatalities. These accidents can occur for several reasons, including:
- Vehicle design: Some vehicles have a higher center of gravity, making them more susceptible to rollovers.
- Speeding: High speeds can increase the likelihood of rollover accidents, especially when a driver takes a curve too fast or overcorrects when veering off the road.
- Driver behavior: Drivers who are distracted, impaired, or fatigued are more likely to cause rollover accidents.
- Road conditions: Uneven or slippery road surfaces can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, leading to a rollover accident.
The Miami car accident lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm advise that the following safety measures are important:
- Vehicle safety features: Vehicles equipped with electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes, and other safety features can help prevent rollover accidents.
- Driver education: Educating drivers on safe driving practices, including avoiding distractions, obeying traffic laws, and driving within the speed limit can help prevent rollover accidents.
- Road maintenance: Maintaining roads and highways, including ensuring proper drainage, fixing potholes and uneven surfaces, and removing debris can help prevent rollover accidents.
- Enforcing traffic laws: Strict enforcement of traffic laws, including speed limits, drunk driving laws, and distracted driving laws can also help prevent rollover accidents.
By taking these steps, highways can be made safer, and the number of rollover accidents can be reduced.
Types of Injuries involved in Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can be extremely dangerous and often result in serious injuries. The type and severity of injuries sustained depend on various factors such as the speed of the vehicle, the angle of the rollover, and whether the occupants were wearing seat belts.
Here are some common injuries that can occur after a rollover accident:
- Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries are common in rollover accidents, especially if the occupants were not wearing seat belts. These injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can result in long-term damage to the brain and even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Rollover accidents can also cause spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis. These injuries can be caused by the impact of the rollover or by objects within the vehicle striking the occupants.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are also common in rollover accidents, and can occur in any part of the body. These injuries can range from minor fractures to more severe compound fractures that require surgery.
- Cuts and Bruises: Occupants can sustain cuts, bruises, and other soft tissue injuries as a result of the impact of the rollover or from being struck by objects within the vehicle.
- Internal Injuries: Rollover accidents can also cause internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding. These injuries can be difficult to detect and may require medical imaging to diagnose.
It is important to seek medical attention immediately after a rollover accident, even if you feel fine. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and delaying treatment can result in further complications or even death.
What to do after an accident on the highway
If you are involved in a highway accident, there are several steps you should take:
- Move to a safe location: If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road to avoid further accidents.
- Check for injuries: Check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries. Call 911 if anyone is seriously injured.
- Call the police: Even if the accident is minor, it is important to call the police to report the incident.
- Exchange information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Take pictures: Take pictures of the damage to both vehicles and any injuries sustained.
- Contact your insurance company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel fine, it is important to seek medical attention after an accident to ensure there are no underlying injuries.
Remember, always prioritize safety first and follow any instructions given by emergency responders or law enforcement officers on the scene.
Drunk Driving and Accidents
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) used a powerful image to raise awareness of the dangers of drunk driving among American Heritage Schools’ students in Plantation. The organization brought a crashed car to the Broward Campus on Wednesday ahead of prom night and graduation. The Plantation Fire Department also participated in the event, using heavy equipment and mannequins to demonstrate how they extract victims from car crashes. The school’s Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) Club collaborated with MADD on this initiative. Dr. Doug Laurie, president of American Heritage Schools, emphasized the importance of educating youth about the perils of impaired and destructive driving, particularly during special celebrations. Among the event’s attendees was Tess Rowland, an American Heritage Schools alumna and MADD’s National President, who suffered life-threatening injuries almost two years ago when an alleged drunk driver hit her head-on while she was driving to her job as a TV news reporter in Panama City Beach.
RECENT ROLL OVER CAR AND TRUCK ACCIDENTS
SOUTH MIAMI-DADE: One Florida resident has lost their life, and another individual has been taken to the hospital following a tragic car crash involving a rollover in South Miami-Dade.
The incident took place in the South Miami-Dade area, and the aftermath left the vehicle severely damaged.
According to information provided by the Florida Highway Patrol, a black Cadillac sedan collided with an adult male pedestrian at approximately 3 a.m. The impact of the collision caused the Cadillac to flip over, resulting in extensive damage to the vehicle.
Tragically, the pedestrian was fatally injured and could not survive the accident. On the other hand, the driver of the Cadillac sustained injuries when the car not only hit the pedestrian but also crashed into the side of a strip mall located along the intersection of US 1 and Southwest 272nd Street.
In a challenging rescue operation, emergency responders had to extract an individual from the wreckage. The car had come to a rest in a precarious position against the building. The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue team reported that once the person was successfully removed from the vehicle, they were immediately airlifted to Jackson South Medical Center under the classification of a trauma alert. At present, their condition is considered stable, although the precise extent of their injuries has not been disclosed.
In the aftermath of the accident, US 1 remained closed for a substantial part of the early morning. This closure was necessary to allow officials to conduct a preliminary investigation into the circumstances surrounding the crash.
The authorities, including the specialized Traffic Homicide Unit, are diligently working to uncover the underlying causes of this tragic incident. It’s a reminder of the significance of road safety and the potentially life-altering consequences that can result from accidents, particularly those involving rollovers. Rollover accidents are a type of vehicular incident where a vehicle tips over onto its side or roof, often involving multiple rolls or flips. These accidents are known for their high risk of severe injuries and fatalities due to the violent forces involved.
The dynamics of a rollover accident can be influenced by factors such as vehicle type, speed, road conditions, and driver behavior. Vehicles with a higher center of gravity, such as SUVs and trucks, are generally more prone to rollovers. Excessive speed, sharp turns, and sudden maneuvers can also contribute to the likelihood of a vehicle tipping over.
Rollover accidents can result in a range of injuries, including head and spinal injuries, broken bones, internal organ damage, and even ejection from the vehicle. The lack of proper restraint, such as seat belts, significantly increases the risk of ejection during a rollover.
To mitigate the risks associated with rollover accidents, it’s crucial for drivers and passengers to always wear seat belts, adhere to speed limits, avoid aggressive driving behaviors, and stay attentive to road conditions. Additionally, manufacturers implement safety features like electronic stability control (ESC) and rollover sensors to enhance vehicle stability and reduce the probability of rollovers.
Law enforcement agencies and traffic safety organizations continue to promote awareness about the dangers of rollover accidents and the measures that can be taken to prevent them.
SOUTH WEST MIAMI-DADE: A rollover crash occurred in Southwest Miami-Dade, leading to the closure of sections of SR-836. The incident took place on a Thursday afternoon, prompting the response of emergency teams.
The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue teams were alerted at 12:01 p.m. about the accident, involving a vehicle that had overturned. This vehicle was a tractor-trailer.
Videos from the scene displayed the presence of fire personnel and Florida Highway Patrol deputies on the westbound lanes of State Road 836, close to Northwest 137th Avenue. The overturned and damaged vehicle was positioned on the shoulder of the road. Efforts were also undertaken to manage an oil leakage on the road surface.
Because of the oil spill, the Department of Environmental Resources Management was called upon to contribute to the cleanup process. The affected area encompassed the westbound lanes of the highway from Northwest 107th Avenue to Northwest 137th Avenue. As a result, these lanes had to be shut down.
KENDALL: On May 27th, 2023, a rollover accident occurred near Kendall Drive on the Florida Turnpike, resulting in the closure of southbound lanes and significant rush hour traffic congestion. Emergency crews promptly arrived at the scene, and one individual was transported to the hospital for medical treatment. A traffic camera captured footage of a sedan overturned on the southbound lanes. Presently, the Florida Highway Patrol and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue units are investigating the incident and have temporarily shut down three southbound lanes. Motorists are advised to steer clear of the affected area and seek alternate routes. Local authorities are actively working to determine the factors that contributed to this crash in Kendall. (Source: 7 News Miami)
NORTH BAY VILLAGE: During the early hours, a rollover car accident occurred at Pelican Harbor Marina in NORTH BAY VILLAGE, FLA, leading to the closure of the boat ramp on Sunday morning. The incident took place on Northeast 79th Street in North Bay Village, where the car overturned and caught fire. Following the wreck, law enforcement rescued a man from the water, and he has since been taken into custody. While fire rescue personnel also responded to the scene, it is uncertain whether anyone required medical attention.
As authorities continue their investigation, a tow truck awaits to remove the vehicle while crime scene technicians gather evidence. The police suspect that the crash might have occurred during a chase, but specific details about the cause are still under scrutiny.
A rollover collision occurred at the Cypress Garage of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in South Florida, resulting in one person being taken to the hospital. The incident took place on Friday morning, where a driver collided with another vehicle on the third level of the parking structure at around 9 a.m., causing her car to overturn.
Emergency responders from Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue (BSFR) promptly arrived at the scene. The injured driver, who sustained serious injuries, was swiftly transported to Broward Health Medical Center for urgent medical care. In addition to attending to the injured driver, BSFR units also worked diligently to contain and clear a gasoline spill that had resulted from the crash. This ensured the safety of all airport visitors and personnel present at the time.
Despite the accident, the FLL officials confirmed that the impact was limited to a relatively small area and did not disrupt operations within the parking garage.
Our thoughts and best wishes go out to the victims following these rollover accidents in South Florida.
The Perazzo Law Firm is a dedicated car accident lawyer serving individuals and families who have suffered injury due to the negligence of others. With a deep understanding of the emotional toll accidents can take, our firm, a reputable [keyword], is committed to helping those in need.
Our news blog is designed to inform you about the latest personal injury cases and legal developments. We aim to raise awareness of the injury and loss of life that occurs in our community by sharing information from publicly available sources. As a well-established Miami car accident lawyer, we strive to shed light on the legal avenues available to those affected. However, please note that the information shared in our blog has not been independently verified, and the photos depicted are not necessarily representative of the actual event. If you notice any inaccuracies, please bring them to our attention for correction.
If you, a friend, or a relative were involved in a car accident and suffered injuries or losses, contact the Perazzo Law Firm ONLINE for a FREE initial consultation and ZERO OUT-OF-POCKET FEES to clients.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – A DEDICATED MIAMI CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
- Aventura Car Accident Lawyer
- Aventura Truck Accident Lawyer
- Doral Car Accident Lawyers
- Hialeah Car Accident Lawyer
NEED A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
CONTACT THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM ONLINE NOW FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
ZERO OUT-OF-POCKET FEES TO CLIENTS
(786) LAWS-411 / 888-PERAZZO
ABOGADO EN MIAMI PARA ACCIDENTES Y LESIONES SIRVIENDO A LA COMUNIDAD HISPANA